Year 3/4 Home Learning: Week 1
- Please continue to read your class reading book - access the eBooks too
- Take a look at the Newsround website for news articles: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- We have uploaded an eBook all about the Anglo-Saxons
- We have scanned in a copy of ‘Journey to Jo’burg’ for you to finish reading
- Have a go at writing a book review on ‘Journey to Jo’burg’
- Practise your Nelson Handwriting – we have scanned some pages in to help you
- Miss Walton and Mrs Symonds and Mr Willis’ Spelling Groups: Practise your Year 3/4 Spellings – don’t forget all the different strategies you have learnt (rainbow writing, scribble, pyramid, bubble writing, shape, mnemonic)
- Miss Ivey’s Spelling Group: Continue to revise your Phase 5 phonics using https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
All pupils have been set a range of different tasks on My Maths. Don’t forget they can use the ‘Practice’ page first so they know what to do. It might be useful to have some paper for jottings.
Miss Walton’s Group:
Miss Ivey’s Group:
Mrs Symonds and Mr Willis’ Group:
- Use the Multiplication Check website (https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/ ) or TT RockStars (https://ttrockstars.com/) to continue to practise your times tables
- Revision of parallel and perpendicular lines, obtuse angles, acute angles and right-angles, identifying different types of triangles (isosceles, right-angled, scalene, equilateral)
- Continue to practise telling the time using both analogue and digital – perhaps you could make your own daily timetable show both 12 hour and 24 hour times?
- Using the Anglo-Saxon eBook, explore an aspect that interests you and have a go at creating a fact file – can you remember 5 key facts?
- We have uploaded a document with some activities linked to the life cycle of flowering plants
- Have you got any interesting plants or flowers at home that you could draw and label?
- We have uploaded some information about Anglo-Saxon Art and Craft
- Can you design your own Anglo-Saxon artefact?
- We have uploaded a document with cards to print and sequence in order to tell the Easter story